Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Cattier Paris Green Clay Ready to Use Mask / Review

I've only heard about this brand last summer when Caroline from Secret Girly Side wrote about it on her blog. She tried the Pink Clay Mask for sensitive skin and her review of it made me want to try it but I didn't think I would be able to find it in Montreal. Well, to my surprise, I did!

A member on MUA had mentioned that she had seen this brand in a health food store. Last week my local health food store received some Cattier products and so through them I ordered the Pink Clay Mask. When I went to the store to get it, I ended up buying the Pink Clay for sensitive skin and the Yellow Clay for dry skin. Bonus, across the way at the drugstore they had Cattier's Green Clay Ready to Use. Of course it had to get a tube of it as well.

Wow, for someone who hasn't use any masks in ages... well, they where so inexpensive I figured it would be fun to try them and give you my impressions. Both the Pink and Yellow where $5.99, the Green was $11.99. I will write individual review for each.

Cattier Paris Green Clay Ready to Use


From their website:
Cattier Ready for Use Green Clay is used in facial masks and for poultices, for its beneficial effect. Absorbent, purifying and regenerating, Cattier green clay is especially well-suited to the care of combination to oily skins. It absorbs and regulates excess sebum, eliminates impurities, revitalises the skin and encourages cellular renewal. Soothing, it calms irritated skins. With its high content of micro-nutrients, it provides the skin with minerals and oligo-elements.

How did I use it?

On clean skin, I applied a thick layer of the clay on face and neck, avoiding the eye area. I left it on about 8 minutes because my skin started to feel a little irritated. Nothing dramatic but still I was done. I didn't let it dry, I personally have never enjoyed the tight feel of a dry mask on my face. By removing it while it's still humid, the process is much easier and milder for the skin. I used a more wet than damp baby washcloth and it was fairly easy to remove. Of course you can use your hands, remove it under the shower etc.

The results

My skin did have a brief feel of tightness, normal after any type of mask. To my amazement, tiny little blackheads had been lifted away, gone bye bye! It also cleansed the surface of the sebaceous filaments I have on my nose and chin. My skin was truly glowing!

The downside, a little too drying for my cheeks and it did irritate my nose a little. Surprising since usually my t-zone is not sensitive. I did the mask at around 10:00 p.m. and still felt the mild discomfort when I went to be an hour later. Good thing I was careful to avoid the eye area. By morning my skin was fine and still glowing. The effects where good for 3 days.

Would I recommend this mask?

Yes. It is truly a good product for both combination and oily skin. If you have sensitive or dry areas, simply avoid them or don't leave on as long. All natural, no essential oils added or chemicals. For the price it's definitely worth a try.

Other uses

Cattier's Green Clay can also be used as a poultice, reason why it can be found at the drugstore. It can help with scarring, irritated skin, muscular pain, burns, abscesses and even with tummy aches. You can add to it a little essential oil but this I wouldn't if it's to be used on the face. It can be effective in the treatment of contact dermatitis. It's also available in dry form. You can get more information about this on Cattier's website.

If they don't have it in stock you may ask your local pharmacy about the possibility to order it for you. Same goes with health food stores.

Reviews:

MakeupAlley, there are 2 reviews but of the Green Clay Mask which is different from the Green Clay Ready to Use.
Beauté-test, 4 / 5 stars for 97 reviews.

Ingredients (from my tube):
Water, Montmorillonite, Kaolin

I will soon post reviews of the Pink and the Yellow Clay Masks. I may even have my daughter try them. She's never done one so it could be fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...